"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." ~ Matthew 5:14-16

Monday, April 26, 2010

It's nice to have some quiet, peaceful time to myself this afternoon. Both of my boys are napping, which doesn't happen very often. Usually I would try to take a nap myself, but today I felt like I just wanted some time to relax and read, and then I found myself praying. I feel so refreshed when I really take the time to sit and be still with God... to feel the peace of his presence and listen to what he has to say.

Today He took me to the Klove radio website, which I've been meaning to do but just never remember when I'm sitting at the computer. I always have Klove on when I'm driving because I can't get the radio station in my house for whatever reason. But when I went to the website I found out that I can listen online! This has totally made my day! It doesn't matter what is going on in my life or even what's going on in that moment, the music and talk on Klove just turns my focus back on God, it drowns out any outside noise and distractions, it takes me outside of myself and my own life, to the needs and struggles of others, and I feel at peace.

I feel like I've used the word "peace" a few times while writing today. But I really can't think of any other word that's more appropriate to express my mood and well-being right now! I wish I could just maintain that peace all the time! Maybe now that I can listen to Klove all day... :)

1 comment:

  1. Kristen, I love Klove too. It is so refreshing, especially if you are having a bad day. You might try out pandora.com too. You plug in your favorite artist and then it creates your own radio station with similar artistis. I did my with Chris Tomlin as my artist and it plays awesome music.

    ReplyDelete